Monday 12 November 2018

Go, go, go ... again

Hi folks,

While leaf trees are falling, some other things are doing the same, sometimes in a slower pace :-)
For example the free doom3 client finally started to branch a new release after more than 2 years. At the time, it was very easy to port to OpenBSD but at least it is upstream directly. Also, golang's project has started to notify about release notes for the future 1.12 version, including my getrandom contribution. But the two releases per year really fits in here so major changes have time to go in ...

These days, I am doing a bit of DragonFlyBSD support here and there, radare previously, llvm a little, a mini patch for haproxy today ... and so on. I am not moving on from one OS to another :-) but just trying to do some "catching ups" so some oses are not (too) behind the others ... At the moment it is the 5.2.2 release while I write, and still amazed each time I dive into what so few contributors are able to accomplish, even though I might regret some lack features here and there (no sandboxing feature for example) ... overall, it still stands up well on its own.

LMMS for now will move forward its, already, 8th Release Candidate while I write (I discussed, with the lead developer, the 1.2.0 release back in early 2017). Hopefully this project will reach its final release in some weeks, while maybe accepting a certain "level of imperfection" (closed source and paying solutions were not perfect too when I used them) ... Audio softwares for advanced users or professionals are complex machinery with more possibility of subtle bugs and there is the 3rd party plugins support system which make the situation even more "weightened" ... so this puts things a bit in perspective. So all for the best :-) because I think this software deserves a good reputation.

Labels: , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home