Monday 14 January 2019

Let's encrypt while we still can !

Hello folks,

A bit of freshness starts to show up in Dublin, at least it reminds us it's January after all :-) But that does not slow down by any mean the creative process. First things ... about BSD Meetups, we wanted to do it in December so apologies we finally did not but that was due to personal schedules (mainly), finally we'll do it next week ... One of the benefits is to see again, after so long, our dear friend Dario ... definitely a very busy CTO ... he'll have so much to say you can bet on it ... So this time, Anton will bring up talks about Rust within FreeBSD (which interest more and more developers, ie mentioned in my previous post the lengthy discussion in freebsd-hackers list). Also I will try not to bore (too much) people about LLVM OpenBSD/FreeBSD support improvements since the 7.0 version ;-) Hopefully Tom Smyth will make it again ; also seemingly some other "old timers" are going back ... We will see !

In the meantime, I took a second cut into botan, the famous C++ cryptography library. I implemented the first grounds for properly sandboxing the client. For OpenBSD/FreeBSD. The main developer will take care of Linux/seccomp support and might extend it for other purposes. Happy my idea was welcomed easily.

Also, finally, my long term change into PHP and its openssl module had been merged. Had been a bit of a battle, with some rebasing in the meantime which shows resilience makes the difference ... That's great, I can finally move on further in my plans ...

Since 2019, in general, I prefer now to step up in term of contributions, in term of importance at least, so I decreased a bit my radare contributions but the changes implement new features, less about just fixing bugs ... We'll see how it will go, in the meantime I wish you all fine !

Labels: , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home