Saturday 23 March 2019

Japan's tour

Moshimoshi folks !

As mentioned in previous posts, there is AsiaBSDCon, held in the University of Sciences in Tokyo,  ongoing and already lot of interesting talks went by. 


Similar as last year, there is my personal preferences :
- Adventure in DRMLand with Emmanuel Vadot.
- Intel HAXM/ NetBSD kernel by Kamil Rytarowski.
- bhyve arm64 by Alexandru Elisei.
- powerpc 64 support on FreeBSD by Piotr Kubaj.

So as you can see, almost as the time order presents it ! Also in a personal level I enjoy discovering for the time this country and appreciate the exuberant "eccentric" nature of the city, the vast majority of the population is very smiley and welcoming, not counting the not less surprising meals and incredible stores (especially electronic and similar). That was also the opportunity to expand on my previous talk in Romania last year, so I gave an updated version in the beginning of the afternoon with quite some stress while forgetting some of the points I wanted to mention to be honest :-) but seems some of the attendees appreciated this ...



Tomorrow will be not less interesting I have yet to decide which to attend though, will keep you posted ... While away, some of my previous submissions had been accepted, first radare2/rabin2 will now display the full compiler toolchain used (Elf only for now), Stalker/Xray-16 had accepted my little additional metadata in the debug console, hopefully more to come soon-ish in the meantime I wish you well !

Labels: , , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home