Wednesday 28 November 2018

Do we say register or registry ? I ll look into my super page ...

Hi folks,

More than 4 years now I contribute (seriously) to various FOSS projects and remembering how and why ... I have primarly prioritised contributions to other people/organisation projects rather than my own, especially the ones which I think are useful, meaningful for a whole lot of people. Personal projects are nice to some degree, but I would get bored rapidly and feel too "complacent" if I did that only. But, saying that ... I'm absolutely not willing to convince anyone to agree :-) everyone has its own journey.

So to the point ... these last days I have been focusing on porting or more precisely trying to equal features with Linux. For example now redis can dump backtrace and its registers on BSD and ported to FreeBSD RedisSearch (was easy enough I admit), php might start to support huge pages functionality (from Zend engine POV) already merged, I m trying at the moment to port it in the opcache module as well. radare as usual right after its release the usual contributors started to fix various places, now the FreeBSD package had been updated today. OpenBSD ought to follow soon-ish.

Labels: , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home