Wednesday 16 January 2019

After eight

... Not really mentioning here the famous mint chocolate brand here :-) most likely, for who is interested, LLVM 8 branching had been done just today as scheduled, now time to pass on to the testers people/doc writers/... ! Normally the real release date is still scheduled in a month and half more or less ... Thanks for few FreeBSD people having reviewed few of my changes (Ed Maste, Mark Johnston) ... I'll be watching this test period for a little while if there any concern for sanitisers in BSD for example ... but mainly my mind has already shifted towards the future 9th version. That was my first time following a full release development cycle from the beginning though, so this experience will serve me just fine ...

Having spent most of the time adding api interceptions with Kamil, for next I may spend more time in other sanitiser components I did not look at for a while even though I do not have real precise plans for now. If I can, I may do a bit of static code analysis work again ...


Otherwise got a little "step back" recently, getting stolen laptop and few other things (if it would have been used for proper purposes, it would have been great but I doubt the new owner has such ideas :-)) ... that is just usual events happening in life ... As possible, do not let material possessions define you but what you have up there in your head is much more valuable ;-) now rebuilding slowly but surely my usual unixes environments and all will be fine.


Labels: ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home