Sunday 24 March 2019

Day two ...

... "Et voila"!! it was a nice first AsiaBSDCon personally, for this second day I had hard time to choose which talk was the best, especially from the afternoon ... some serious contenders :-)

- Porting go in netbsd arm64 with Maya Rashish ... It is much less easy than it appears, "just" to display the hello world demo, a lot of assembly needed to be done !

- Another path for code quality ? Automated software verification and openbsd with Moritz Buhl, the topic by itself interested me very much even though it seems there is, for now at least, less return than work need to be invested in but still worthwhile, the more code verification means used the better ...

- Improvements to Virtual Machine State Save and Restore / Live migration from Bhyve from Darius Mihai
and Mihai Carabas ... pretty interesting duo for an interesting topic ! The most interesting part to me was the problems brought about clock source in one hand and the migration of memory state in another and which solutions they brought to solve it.

- Finalizing booting requirements for a guest running bhyvearm with Mihai Carabas which to me expanded more into the previous talk, that allowed me to learn more about Arm architecture.

- Finally the "overoptimistic" (means in the end the speaker thought it was already lunch time but we were well behind :-)) but nevertheless interesting talk FreeBSD - Improving block I/O compatibility in bhyve with Sergiu Weisz, again an expansion of the virtualisation topic on FreeBSD focusing on solutions provided for file format supports.

I wish I got more as in the mid day the jet lag caught up and got the best of me :-) but overall I was very pleased with what I heard and saw.

I was able to do little hackery in between talks but I m impressed the level of hackery of other folks around me :-) Time now to enjoy this last day and in the meantime take care and enjoy this end of week end !



Labels: , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home