Wednesday 24 July 2019

Shy sun

Hi folks,

Hopefully you are enjoying the sun, wherever you are ; resting from all high tech things and job possibly :-)
For the rest of us, there are still things ongoing. Little hook here, I wanted to mention the fact Diablo 1 works fully now under OpenBSD, it has been mentioned a couple of times in Twitter and so on, but now the multiplayer works too :-) Congratulations for this ; it must have given lot of joy that's for sure. The next important event in the BSD work would be the vBSDCon the program should appear not long after I write this post ; I hope you will enjoy it hopefully it will recorded.

Following up on the web technologies post, openjdk 11 and 12 ports on FreeBSD; 11 on OpenBSD had been updated, reflecting work from primary battleblow, bsdkurt and a bit myself. As well, I spent most of the time between nodejs (large pages had been accepted and now I try to fix few glitches here and there before next major release), php 7.4 and the future 8 (as I write the 7.4 branch will be frozen pretty soon) fixing little common bugs and improving support for FreeBSD and macOs ; also trying for the first time contributing to the v8 javascript engine to have a sense of their mindset and pace, basically a tiny change for macOs and a more significant one for FreeBSD. Also got to know better the main maintainer of Microsoft mimalloc who is very responsive to say the least, for now two/three changes (large pages for macOs and trying to make it more reliable for Linux) from my part but a lot ongoing for Windows ; it just comes from the daily usage then improvement ideas pop up time to time and I am glad he is open to these when they make sense.
Now time to rebuild the whole FreeBSD current machine, in the meantime I'll continue watching the Artic which is to me a very nice, if not the best, performance from the danish actor. Wish you well ;-)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home