Wednesday 22 May 2019

To be continued ...

Hi folks,

This week, OpenBSD has again provided an interesting update, this time in the graphic driver department. That's quite some work ! For every owner of these components, user of snapshots or current, you re surely giving a try ;-) ... For this post release, I am trying to update the barony package I maintain ... we shall see.

Also, I found few projects worthy to look at ... for instance :

- Speaking of games, PGE Project giving opportunities to create nice games even to terrible game designers as me :-)
- Xonotic here I follow closely a fellow BSD porter for this pretty famous and funny game which works more or less well out of the box on BSD systems in general but it is good to improve the support while decreasing hackeries.
- Every one knows curl but I was pleasantly surprised they were using LLVM lib buzzer (among other things) and pretty cleverly.


These last days, I have been doing little developments lastly for botan, again for Android, to support better older devices (but not that old) regarding auxiliary vectors. Support BSD for the game (N)Blood, as it is based on Doom engine, was pretty straightforward to do ... PHP/swoole, a sort of go(lang) routine equivalent for php, ported for BSD as well ; professionally speaking I m trying to push few changes for python languages existing since last year (but with more than a thousand of pull requests that is a bit normal) the most trivial was merged, I hope the next will make it (ie blake2 module update I mentioned awhile ago) :-) (edit: it has been merged just the following day so all good ;-)). There are still ongoing changes (one of them concerns a little change for PHP and windows specifically ... and more important the capsicum api support).

Wish you well while sneezing due to spring allergy :-P


Labels: , , , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home