Thursday 29 August 2019

I will be connecting the nodes...

Hi folks,

Hopefully not too sad as we are closer and closer to the end of the nice vacations time :-) but still nice weather enough I might say.
Following up a previous post, PHP goes on internal code cleanup on some sort which is making more strict in a sense some errors treated in the past as benign now will be raised. I totally agree personally with this mindset, as PHP needs to be more believable in the enterprise's context while all others web technologies are progressing, so definitely thumbs up !
Regarding FreeBSD, the usual status report will come up ;  still time to tell what you were able to accomplish in any area, I will be looking at it with good interest !
Apart of this, the next LLVM release, the 9th, will come not too far in the future as I write (sometime next week I believe), now we are all trying to fix last issues and start completing the documentation ... A lot of water went under the bridge since the 8th for sure, apart of what I already mentioned in past posts (again great job of the CheriBSD contributor who fixed address sanitiser ;-)), I personally reviewed little PRs of Ed Maste and pushed two little contributions into sanitisers area, one detecting if ASLR for PIE binaries had been enabled (dim@ requested me to back port it for the 9.x release and as he himself pushes this version to FreeBSD -current ; you ought to see sooner or later), the other using large pages for shadow mappings for both Linux and now FreeBSD ..
Also today, I have been interviewed ... to get on board of NodeJS collaborators :-) took couple dozen of minutes but went pretty well and Rich Trott is pretty welcoming folk :-) In the meantime I had contributed a little bit to node fibers (here a little introduction to Fiber concept for who is not used to), varnish cache ... and again to the Microsoft projects ... mimalloc and snmalloc both revolving around macOs support's expansion.

Labels: , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home