Tuesday 8 October 2019

Hi dear readers,

Writing this blog post while the MacBook update to Catalina (thanks now the linker seems to be back to normal was sort of broken when I tried to work on radare2), I kind of looked around of worthy projects I stumbled across ...
- uvwasi another implementation of providing low level features to the web ... which, from start, is pretty portable since under the hood it is using libuv ... It is pretty much a draft at this stage, but it feels already pretty promising, the API is well written, clear and knowing its author (a famous nodejs contributor), it won't disappoint !
- webapp.rs ; if you are into Rust and since many people ask how it compares to Ruby on Rails, Python./Django ... in the web's world, here a nice example of how a pure rust framework would look like. Something to keep an eye on I might say !

In my side, I pushed further into AFL++ which is way more fast moving process than the AFL project (no criticism, each project has its own priorities), to provide, with other contributors, a better BSD and macOS support, Linux remaining the main platform. Also, I went back to LLVM a little, while before I focused more on sanitisers and static code analysis, I went on parallelism and OpenMP to improve the FreeBSD support which is already my second change in this area, here to enable the thread affinity support, FreeBSD being perfectly able performing this, it was time to repair this "inequality" :-) ... Apart of this, all changes I made here and there, for instance memcached released its 1.15.19 version with a slightly better FreeBSD support (privileges feature here obviously capsicum) and many little commits to radare2, in preparation for the awaited 4.0.0 version. Wish you well, even though the weather is kinda of sneeze triggering at the moment :-)

Labels: , , , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home