Monday 17 December 2018

capsicum into LLVM ... finally

Hi folks,

In a previous post, I mentioned I worked into capsicum API interception into LLVM's sanitisers. Today, I was finally able to commit the last bits. Thanks to Ed Maste and also Mark Johnston who happily welcomed these with open armed (and pretty easily). As a reminder, the goal is to intercept ,when the capsicum api read/write the rights permission bits, to see if these capsicum data structures are valid.

Another reminder, doom 3 FOSS client is finally now released, it might know be played as much as yquake2/ioquake3 for example in the OpenBSD community but I know some folks who will gladly do ;-)

Speaking of game, there is a new promising one, Spacepunk, from the same who authored Barony. In an early stage for the moment, but there is a good chance it will be appealing in the end (and possible to contribute too), I am pretty confident about this ... I wish more commercial games would follow this business model.

Following-up on porting getentropy/getrandom in the"outside world", gnupg (more exactly its dependencies) might benefit it. My small change had been reviewed, seemingly accepted but yet to be merged.


Labels: , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home