Wednesday 19 December 2018

FreeBSD (future 13) following-up

Hi folks,

Probably some of the FreeBSD -current users had noticed already but clang/llvm 7.0.1 had been imported by @dim. By recompiling the whole system today, I was pleasantly surprised to see it happened sooner than I expected :-) Glad to see that the result of all the work I witnessed from a lot of talented people comes to reality in one of my preferred system ; even thought most of amazing new tools (like llvm-exegesis, llvm-mca) are only available via the package version ... I hope OpenBSD will follow.

While at LLVM, Kamil still continue his work on more BSD api interceptions and sometimes I help testing them. Planning to port for FreeBSD what is relevant once the "dust settles" a bit ... If you find, as I do, that his work is important, donating to the NetBSD foundation would not be superfluous.

So since, my little contribution to the mongo C driver had been accepted and merged, again it is more about bringing more equality with Linux. even though it is a bit more for professional purpose, still glad it landed for broader usage.

Labels: , , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home