Friday 4 January 2019

Let's make all 2019's plans real ....

Happy new year folks !

Regardless the nature of your yearly endeavours ... from the very usual losing weight (but right after the last cake please ;-))/jogging 1 mile more/moving to this place you always wished ... to rewriting FreeBSD's userland in Rust (as a fork?) ... wish you, for most of them at least, successes !

In those last days, since my hacking slowed down for some days, I had the opportunity, among other things, to catch up with few BSDNow episodes. The 278th caught my attention the most, enjoyed the long Kirk McKusick interview. Always a pleasure to have hints and anecdots from people who have "seen things through" ... I recommend.

2018 was a nice year in retrospect, like giving a speech to EuroBSDCon or having my LLVM credentials




Hopefully, will do my best to keep up this year ... we ll see :-)
So back to my usual hacking time, slowly but surely coming back to normal pace ... As usual, radare2 plans a new release very soon, 3.2.0. We spent lot of time to fix lot of bugs, in my side I improved slightly the FreeBSD support in the debugging area as well.
For LLVM 8, I still try to push what I can into the api interceptions, focusing at the moment on the FreeBSD specifics though. For this year, I plan to port another game for BSD, at least I will try ; will keep you posted in due time for the progress.
For PHP, it s very actively moving towards 7.3.1, all most visible bugs fixes are actually merged. That slows down a bit the future 7.4 innovation but that worths it...

Labels: , , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home