Monday 15 September 2014

HardenedBSD slight updates

Hi folks,

I am still a new bee in FreeBSD development, Oliver and Shawn still give me good advices to do things better. Still thanks to them ;-). Somehow was able to make progress in the userlandenhanced branch, made the necessary strtonum optimisation (first time I touch something in the libc, although strtonum is not standard ... Around 5% of performance gain, the important thing is to avoid breaking reentrancy and such ...), hence uses it in more utilities instead of the legacy atoi. Also I was trying to solve some bugs (like segfault with BSDgrep, I hope Gabor will be happy with it :-)).

Apart of this branch, all of these are available too with all other amazing features from Shawn and Oliver in the unstable branch.

Labels: , ,

View David Carlier's profile on LinkedIn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home